As spring begins to bloom and the warm weather returns, thought turns to the outdoors. Ifyour lawn is looking a little brown or dull, now is the time to bring some maintenance andattention so that you can enjoy a lush lawn all summer long.
- Soil Preparation – If your soil is lacking essential nutrients, then anything else you try todo will fail. If you’re unsure about the quality of your soil, there are professionals anddo-it-yourself tests which will indicate if you need to add nutrients to your soil.
- Fertilizer – Talk to your local nursery or garden professional to choose the right type offertilizer. Every part of the country has different needs based on local soil and weatherpatterns; choosing the right formula for your area is critical to a healthy lawn.
- Water – Understand your water program and adjust your sprinklers for the best results.Lawn care experts say that watering your lawn two times a week for a longer time(about an hour) is better for your lawn then watering every day for only 20 minutes. Thisallows the water to soak down deep into the roots.
- Mowing – Mowing your lawn is an art form. Keep the blades sharp and never mowmore than 1/3 of the grass blade at a time.
- Sod and Seed – If you need to fill in a few bare spots, adding a couple patches of sod is agood method. If your entire lawn could use some help, it might be time to reseed.
Spring is upon us when you and your family want to get out into the yard. Prepare your lawnnow for an entire season of beauty with a little care.